Sunday, September 23, 2012

Babies, Biltmore & Business, Oh My!

Hola Chicas (& chicos)!! :) 
I have got to stop this habit of not blogging for weeks and then overloading with one major long blog post!!!
MAKE ME STOP!! ha

I swear, I have no clue where 2012 has gone...? 
It has just flown by! I can not believe it is FALL already!
(my favorite time of year by the way!)

I'll just go ahead and throw it all out there this post ... no beating around the bush ... 
I moved to Keller Williams! 
I am super excited about the new opportunities that I have been presented with in my real estate career! This past 2 weeks has been totally crazy and hectic because I decided to make a change in my life and switch from RE/MAX over to KW... it was a hard decision ... and I literally thought about it for a month. I loved my previous office and all the people there :( but just felt like I could grow my business more at my new office. With that said, I have started my own Real Estate Team! Woop Woop!! :) 

Take a look at this ... 


My new logo :) 

How do you feel about it?? I'm pretty pumped! 

This also took some thinking ... but when Chris and I get married next year, I didn't want to give up Gentry only because I have built my business around my name for the last 7 years!! So I decided I will hyphenate, and be Dana Gentry-Jackson. Which prompted my new team name! 

This week will be crazy switching everything over (think 30 signs, business cards, new website, marketing info, blah blah blah!) ... but I am excited! I already started with the bloggy, so take a look around at the "my business" and "about me" tabs, as they are slightly new ;)

A lot has happened since my last post so just to sum it up ...

You know my adorable Godson, Connor ... right ??


Well ... his BABY BROTHER is here!!! :) 


(Idk why those dang black lines are on there?!)
He is adorable ... that is a cute little collage his aunt Steph made from the day he was born.
PS. How good does my BFF Chrissy look in that pic? Eye makeup done and all! Ha! She's a trooper! <3


Carson Alexander :)
Is that the sweetest face you have ever seen in your life or what?
 I am obsessed. Purely obsessed. Love him so much. 

Last weekend we had a busy weekend ... 

On Friday night we attended the Art of Making Miracles Charity Event for the Makenna Foundation in the RE/MAX parking lot ... this was the 12th year and it was awesome! 
KY Wildcat Theme this year!  


Chris and I came home with some goodies ... 
One of which being this... that I won for Chris for his bday :) 


Thats right ... an autographed pic of Anthony Davis, #1 NBA draft pick and 2012 National Defensive Player of the year candidate ... not to mention a UK Wildcat legend! Ha! It was our trophy piece of the night ;) 
Chris was VERY excited! 
It was an awesome night raising money for a great cause!!

In case you're wondering where the picture is now .. Ohhhh in my hallway, where a really cute mirror WAS hanging ha ... pick your battles ;) that is what I am telling myself LOL 



The next morning, Chris, myself, my brother and my dad left out early to head to Ashville, NC to my cousins wedding at the Biltmore House.
It.was.spectacular.
We had sooo much fun!!

Her wedding was beautiful! She looked beautiful! It was perfect. 
How pretty were her flowers on the tables?
For favors they gave little personalized jars of honey ... it was adorable! 


Jessica & Me :) 


Chris & I <3
(Dress is from Bella Rose in Lexington)

My other Chris ... my brother... ha :) 

The next day while we were there we went to the Biltmore and toured it ... it was AMAZING!!
If you have never been I would highly suggest going ... it was so neat! Ashville is the cutest little place and the mountains were beautiful! 

Here are a few pics from the day ... 


So insane. Loved this place! 




The flower garden behind the Biltmore

My dad, me and my bro. 

I have a million pics ... but didn't have time to upload them all! 
We had a blast! 
We also visited Bravard College in NC, which is where Chris went to school ... it was fun to see! :) 

Next .... 
I didn't get to give a shout out on Grandparent's Day ... ;( 
But we had a great time celebrating with Chris's parents and the kids ... 


I ended the night talking to my Papaw on the phone ... and watching Frankie sleep like a spoiled baby ha!


Ok that is about all the major stuff over the last two weeks! 

This week I am working on our wedding website and app! Anyone have any tips? Would love to hear them!
XO!
post signature

20 comments:

  1. Love the dress you wore to the wedding - and the boots at Biltmore! I grew up in Hendersonville, just south of Asheville. Anyway, congrats on your new job! That is so exciting. The logo looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! So glad you're back : ) Congratulations on your new job...so happy for you! I love your new little logo! Let's see.. what else?! Your dress at the wedding..I want that. Those flowers at the wedding..I def. just saved that picture to my laptop for future wedding planning needs anddd that baby? oh my goodness. Precious!! I love his name too! Have a great week and don't disappear for so long again, missy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the new business venture! I think Gentry-Jackson has a nice ring to it, as I'm sure you agree.

    Love the print of AD, even though I hear he is a jerkface. I paid to have my picture with him and he spoke zero words to me. Ugh.

    Biltmore pics are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Investment property is bought with the single purpose of making an income, either by leasing the residence, benefiting over time from gratitude, purchasing low and promoting high, or renovation the residence and promoting it for more than the price so if there is a opportunity of a low price property,grab it.for more info you can check Homes for sale in breckenridge .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Find top real estate agents seattle and numerous seattle real estate listings from this website. Look for Real Estate Search Seattle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! It sounds like this is a wonderful time for you, your career, and your family! New follower, can't wait to catch up on your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Matkasse
    Really nice blog post. Very useful information in your blog. Thanks for sharing your post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just want to say I LOVE love love your blog! I wish you posted more! I feel like we have so much in common. I am also a 20 something blonde, trying to balance family, fiance, career, and STEP kids. I have a question. How is your relationship with the kids biological Mom? Are you friendly? As far as me, it seems like she is my biggest and most vocal crytic. Nothing I do is ever good enough. I was wondering about you. Thanks for the blog! I feel like we are friends!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the move for your career and new godson!! He is super precious. I just stumbled across you and I LOVE that you are a Kentucky girl :) I am as well and I don't know any bloggers from back home, so it was great coming across you! I, personally, would have snatched that AD pic up from whoever won it if it wasn't me!! :D Can't wait to keep up with you and happy to follow along!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It will be so nice.i like your post.it will be very interesting to us.great thought for your work.we have news about real estate investing.visit:dave lindahl

    ReplyDelete
  11. so nice to read your post.it will be very interesting to us.i like your blog very much.
    visit:dave lindahl

    ReplyDelete
  12. If I look at it from a consumer perspective, it looks credible enough. For a business operating in real estate, you don’t need to use vibrant colors. The darker colors are usually those which project the most authority. And graphic design can also play a huge part in that image. The best part here, I think, is the relevance of everything – the color, the text, and the graphics. Congrats, by the way!

    - Abigayle Soderstrom

    ReplyDelete
  13. nice post.home designing will be very interesting and informative to us.designing of the home will be very nice.we have news about real estate investing.visit:dave lindahl

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love your post.home designing will be very exclusive and amazing design graphics.We have news about real estate information.visit:dave lindahl

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good luck! It’s a big step you’ve taken by hiring your own team. Always make sure that you have an organized system in your business. You can’t avoid problems occurring in real estate, but keeping a well-established system can lead to a successful business, allowing everyone to grow at the same time. :)

    -->Lance Valenzula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When purchasing or selling property such as south florida real estate, the selection of your Real Estate professional is of paramount importance. Discover the south florida real estate difference by working with one of our knowledgeable associates specially trained in markets like Coral Gables homes and Key of south florida real estate; they will provide you with expert advice.

      Delete
  16. How are you being a realtor, Dana? Isn’t it really nice to have a great career? You make money as you do love and enjoy what you're doing. I saw other pictures of you and I can say that you truly take pleasure from your business. Isn’t that great? Keep it up! :D

    Ofelia Bertrand

    ReplyDelete
  17. So glad I'm not the only one who has a Sprint iPhone! Lol love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank for your valuable blog. West Walker Steel is a leader in selling steel and buying steel! We've been in the secondary steel industry for a combined 250 years, making us a leading steel broker across the US. Get more information please visit here Secondary Steel Columbus

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and questions!
Thank you so much for following :)